Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Reception

Alright, I've got a few spare moments to write about our reception while the husband and the boy are out grocery shopping:

We had it at Cafe Sitges right after the ceremony. It was absolutely amazing. The guys really outdid
themselves. It was exactly what we wanted: something simple, casual,
and friendly. The food was excellent, especially the marinated quail eggs. The layout was perfect for the number of people there. The decorations were lovely. I couldn't have been happier with the way the whole thing turned out.
I do
wish James and Andrew, the guys who run the cafe hadn't been quite so busy so they could hang out as well. But I can't compliment them enough on the way they hosted the event.

They were even able to bring in
the tunos we had heard play there before. So the music was excellent.

I can't remember everyone who stopped by (some were the husband's friends I didn't know and I think at least one was a crasher). But let me hit a few highlights (read here people who traveled to attend): Chuck I've already mentioned. He was the husband's former partner and long time close friend. He came in from Los Angeles. Like at the ceremony, he took video, which I may be able to post on Youtube later.
Michael, one of our earliest and dearest friends in Sitges came in from France where he's been working lately. Andrew, another early Sitgean friend arrived from the UK for a few days. John, one of the sweetest and best people we made friends with in Sitges, and without whom Sitges has been much less t
olerable also came in from the UK.
And lest I forget to mention her, Irene our first, good friend we met in Spain, came in from Cerdanyola. She was an absolute delight and really made the event special as did all of the great people who showed up.

I had two major fears about the reception going in: that people who don't really like us would come and be obnoxious, and that the open bar would entice some people to behave in an unpleasant manner. Both of these fears were totally unfounded. The day was so hot people mostly stuck to cava. An
d the few people I was unsure about coming didn't show up. Everyone was lovely, and I hope they all had a great time. I certainly did.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet :) Look forward to attending many anniversary celebrations - hugs :) John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys - it was a joy to host your reception & we wish you both many long years of happiness!!! Love, James & Andrew from Cafè Sitges

    ReplyDelete